I have my first taste of escape thanks to the long 3 day weekend. I took the chance and drive all the way to Miri from Kuching. Insipired by Top Gear, I thought I'd challenge myself racing against time, but since I'd never survive to post about this if I drive at night, I departed at dawn instead.
 |
| Dawn! Go go go! |
Since people will say that I need a picture to proof that I've driven all the way to Miri, here's a picture of a dog:
 |
| Really, this is a Miri dog. |
(more after the break)
Right.. I'm quite lazy to type today so here's some random pictures along the way
 |
| First stop, I have no idea where this is |
 |
| My friend help me took some pics while I'm busy driving |
 |
| No idea what happened too, all I know there's this big truck in a weird position, and then there's this little pick-up truck all smashed up in the drain. |
 |
| I think this is Sibu... |
 |
| Some bridge near Sibu |
 |
| This should be approaching Bintulu |
I've failed to reach Miri before Dusk, so I failed to achieve my goal. Was mighty glad that I made it in one piece considering the downpour just after Batu Niah area. Had to drive under 40km/h all the way to Miri in the dark.
I reached Dillenia Guest-house but Mrs Lee was out, so I had my dinner at 6000 cafe downstairs.
 |
| Over glorified carrot juice, nothing special. |
 |
| But the spaghetti was the best I've tried in my life! Eating them with chopsticks and spoon felt a little bit weird to be honest. |
 |
| Finally Dillenia Guest-house, probably the nicest place in Miri. |
No comments:
Post a Comment